I am on a quest to eat healthier with the hopeful outcome that I might also lose about ten extra pounds while I'm at it. I AM NOT dieting. I hate dieting. So, here's how it's going...
- tuna with apples, walnuts, and celery in a pita pocket for lunch...very yummy, very healthy and very friendly to my goals
- hubby asks if he can take the family out for dinner...Chinese food - dinner out makes me very friendly towards my husband...not as friendly towards my diet.
- successfully resisted the left over Easter candy I have been secretly sneaking from my children's baskets.
- went to the gym and found out that my healthy choices last week (before I actually even started) have paid off. I'm down a pound. Here's hoping it's not water weight.
- for lunch, a truly terrible Select Harvest soup called Roasted Chicken with Italian Herbs. It apparently had diced asparagus and chick peas in it. I hate chick peas...unless they are ground up, mixed with oil and garlic and called hummus.
- for dinner, I have prepared lots of fresh steamed vegetables and a truly lovely chicken recipe from my sister. After trying to justify all day why I should have some of the gooey sauce that goes with the chicken, I have now resigned myself to the fact that tonight I will be eating a plain old chicken breast while everyone else gets the good stuff.