Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Week of Thankfuls...January 3, 2013

I'm thankful for my friends!

-I'm thankful that the prayer I prayed early on in college...for best friends...has long since been answered in these precious people.

-I'm thankful for friends who have their own stories of adoption.  You have no idea what a blessing that is to our family.

-  I'm thankful for friends that are next door neighbors.  Friends that share flour and eggs and hands and hearts. We are better people because we live next door.

-I'm thankful for friends who make me laugh and who cry with me and who hold me accountable.

-I'm thankful for friends that are far away but still manage to call at just the right times, to be present in all the important moments, to pray for us faithfully.  Seeing far away friends in person after time away, and picking right up where you left off, is one of the sweetest friendship gifts ever.

-I'm thankful for friends who instantly make me relax in their presence.  And the deep joy that comes from the goodness of being known and loved.

-I'm thankful for friends who teach me how to be a better wife, a better mom, a better friend, a better follower of Jesus...and that they love me when I miss the mark.

No comments: