In the tradition of my friend, Micha, over at Mama Monk it's Thankful Tuesday. And I could use some thankfulness in my life. How bout you?
- I'm thankful for fresh peaches, bought at a roadside stand yesterday, so good that half the box is gone this morning.
- I'm thankful for cooler temperatures..the coming of fiery colored trees and fresh apples and bright orange pumpkins.
- I'm thankful for impromtu family dance parties where the seven year old schools the rest of us in some fresh hip hop moves.
- I'm thankful for a desire to write and the feeling that soon I will have something to say.
- For weddings, and the reminder they are of my own vows and the beautiful life I have with my beloved.
- I'm thankful for my four year old who counts, "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7,8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 18, 19, 20", reminding me that she isn't quite grown up, even though the sight of her with a backpack on makes my melodramatic heart scream, "It's happening too fast!!!!"
- I'm thankful for friends who call to remind me that parenting requires courage, heart, and lots of prayer. And that it does not have much use at all for the approval of others.
- I'm thankful for an almost 2 year old who believes that every loud noise is a reason to bless someone. And I'm thankful that today, when she said, "Bless you, Mama!" God clearly said to me, "Yes. Bless you, Mama."