Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday

I love Good Friday and so today I prayed for a way to enter into this most precious story in a real and fresh way. It was such a bittersweet time of reminding and remembering. Here is a little of what came to mind.

You, perfect unblemished Lamb

Me, with my secret blemishes and those in full view

You, full of grace and beauty

Me needing grace and needing beauty restored

You, with a matchless name

Me, with a name given by the Father of Lies

You, the Light of the World

Me, groping in the darkness



Before I even cried out for mercy there was

You, taking all my blemishes

All my need

All my lies and darkness

And You, willingly wearing them and wrapping yourself up in them

Filfthy with my mistakes, to make me clean

Me, without blemish in your eyes

Me, with your grace and beauty restored

Me, with a new name and an illuminated life



Today I celebrate what you did

And I mourn that you had to do it

For me

No comments: